Thursday, February 11, 2010

musings for the day...

i'm almost overloaded with silly lil musings today...first off i'm still Taebo-ing everyday and it really really hit me last nite just how much i miss Muay Thai Kickboxing...enough that i went on a search for the closest club (alas two hours away is just too far away to travel twice a week for a two hour class)...bah, but last nite my nostalgia got the best of me and i dug my hand wraps out and did wrap my hands for my workout...i skipped yesterday afternoon cuz i knew hubby wasn't going to be home at nite and i didn't want to snack away my hard work. i also found some vids on youtube so i could practice my technique...but it's been 8 years since i did it! i forgot the ankle pain with the jumping around...still too heavy for that!
also, this whole clean eating thing has really got me thinking...i know i feel way better when i get my daily fruit and veggies in instead of all that processed crap that it out there but wow, it's expensive and i have have have to plan out menu's so that i use the majority of the veggies before they go bad (hubby commonly refers to the crisper as the rotter...lol)
tonight i'm making an asian peanut beef and noodle dish for supper (hope the kids like it...it's my first time trying it)...
also, i miss having close girlfriends...since moving here i have had like one friend that i felt close to because we had our first babies together (we were in prenatal together, then she was my neighbour in the hospital and i heard her going thru labour and delivery as i was in the nursery with my lil girl), but she moved away a year ago and i miss her so much...also, most of my close close girlfriends live too far away or are single, no kids so not a heck of a lot in common anymore...
and this town is sooooooo clique-y, it sucks at times...like hubby came home last nite and said "i'm buying you a golf cart and a caddy, so you stay away from those hockey ladies"...meaning that a bunch of the town "yummy mommies/cougars" started a woman's hockey team (and i can't skate so i didn't join) but they are more of the town gossip than a professional team (as in they practice or play a game then spend the rest of the nite drinking, smoking pot, partying with people much younger than them, and some have even had pictures of themselves or body parts circulated throughout town...in fact my hubby just saw one of their asses last nite on some guy's camera)....yeah, not my scene...
but joining volleyball seems to be a good choice...and hopefully when fastball starts up, those that are on the hockey team have partied themselves out...otherwise i may opt out of that...
but i still miss having someone to confide in...thank goodness i have blogging...lol...
also, i can't wait to start training for my 5k on may 29th! i'm getting a registration form sent to me to take part in the "Perogy Run" in another small town not quite 2 hours away!!!it's part of my fitness goal for the X-weighted challenge...i want spring here already so i can start walk/jogging, then walk/running, then jog/running then run/running! lol...yeah the couch to 5 k program! i've worked it out that i will have to start training come March 20th (the first day of spring) so i'm ready for the actual race day! if it's not nice enough outside by then, then i need to ask a friend of mine to come over so i can use her treadmill...lol...and her babysitting service...lol
well, that's all of my musings for today...i think!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...hope you find some "normal" friends soon. I have not patience for women like that. None. Being a stay at home mom, does make it difficult to meet people too.

    I took a kickboxing class and loved it. I think I moved kind of like a dork, but it was fun :)

    ReplyDelete